*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020818-The-Disappearance-of-Common-Sense
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#1020818 added November 4, 2021 at 12:35pm
Restrictions: None
The Disappearance of Common Sense
Authors Note

PROMPT – November 4th. We've all heard of people who mysteriously 'go missing'. Tonight, write about a person who 'goes missing'. Someone that you read about in the newspaper or online, but nobody seems to know them, or remember them

*Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey*


Her name was Common Sense.

She disappeared along with Reality and Sanity at the advent of the Social Media Age. Sadly they were replaced by dogmatic adherence to Preconceived Beliefs, Conspiracy Theories, Rumors and Misinformation Campaigns, masquerading as Facts.

The manifestation of her disappearance has been harmful in so many ways. Hateful rhetoric flourishes, people adhere to unproven realities with no basis in truth or fact. Unfounded conspiracy theories damage reputations, and social programs. When those who post the hate and misinformation are presented with the truth, the presenter is labeled as brainwashed, an unbeliever, a boomer, or worse.

Common Sense expects us to be able to weigh all of the evidence, not just the evidence that supports our preconceived beliefs and opinions, Reality expects us to search out facts and information, not just accept the words of some social influencer. Sanity requires that we be able to review the new information critically, with an eye toward truth.

I really miss Common Sense, Reality, and Sanity, hopefully enough others do also. Maybe, We can continue to search for them.

New Image for the 30DBC

© Copyright 2021 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020818-The-Disappearance-of-Common-Sense