*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020932-Resolution-101
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1020932 added November 5, 2021 at 7:27pm
Restrictions: None
Resolution 101
PROMPT November 5th: You arrive at work with 5 coffees and 5 doughnuts, but you discover that there are now six of you. You all love coffee and doughnuts. How do you resolve this?
         
         
         
         
         
         So, I now have an extra, new co-worker? Did I miss the memo? Where was the head's-up management? Of course, I'm not denying we could use the additional help. Six heads are better than five, right?
         How awkward that we face this coffee / doughnut dilemma on the newbie's first shift. Welcome and do you like / expect a treat? Oh by the way, we take turns bringing in the morning sustenance, we'll add you to the rotation, okay? Don't worry we'll apprise you of our favourites. You won't be forced to guess.
         Our many and varied mandatory seminars over the years did not prepare me for today.I suppose we could be creative. If we each shared half of a doughnut we'd have....two and a half doughnuts to offer. No, wait,that's not a solution at all. Apparently, I zoned out during the improved math tutorials. Okay, I've got this. If we each donate a quarter of a doughnut we'd have one and a quarter doughnuts plus a variety of flavours for the novice worker. Yay, this could reflect our combined problem solving skills.
         This sure beats arm wrestling, or a mini thumb war tournament. I'd have lost without a doubt. Two broken thumbs in the past make me a non-contender. Besides,I'm all for a bit of office revelry, but fighting in any form does nothing for morale.
         I've never been lucky enough to win draws, so I cannot fathom a coin toss could've ended in my favour either. I believe we would've laughed at the idea of drawing straws. Who likes that idea of the short stick?
         Now what about the lack of a sixth cup of coffee? As long as no one has yet doctored their brew we can rustle up a spare mug and divvy it up. We're not so caffeine deprived that we're suffering withdrawal and have the shakes. No one wants to spill even a precious drop. A few sips is still better than no coffee at all. I believe I'm the sole no-sugar- added drinker. There's always a coffee break later in the morning, so we'll survive.
         Perhaps we should invest in a coffee maker and a super-duper box of cookies. Be prepared is a great plan.

© Copyright 2021 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020932-Resolution-101