*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021437-30-day-Blogging-Nov-12-2021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1021437 added November 11, 2021 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
30 day Blogging-Nov 12, 2021
PROMPT November 11th

A reminder I could say to myself before I’m tempted to respond to anger with anger, to fear with fear, to negativity with negativity is...
Not making progress, not changing anything, going around in a toxic circle.

There are some people, particularly family members, that trigger those emotions in you. First you try to go along with what they are saying because you are a pacifist that doesn’t want to fight. Then you try to change the subject and go with something else that isn’t political, religious, personal. Then they go for the jugular and tell you how stupid you are because everyone they know feels like they do. “What is wrong with You?” They demand to know.

Okay, this is abusive so I make an excuse to get off the phone or accidentally hang up. I hate to be this way with family but our family has been very divided since about 2007 and the election. I think that is when it all started, the divide with people. It really seems to date back to that and it is getting worse all the time. I am afraid for our country and families these days and with Covid, it has really taken a toll. Take some anxiety and mix it with propaganda from so called experts, add fear and you have a toxic recipe for disaster.
This is a good prompt. I believe we are all exhausted and fed up to some extent.

Need to get away from the TV set and media, I suppose. Does anyone remember how to play a card game? How about watching a Disney movie with popcorn? Go to the Zoo, animals don’t care who you vote for or worship!

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021437-30-day-Blogging-Nov-12-2021