*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021490-WDC-30-Day-Blogging-Nov-13-2021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1021490 added November 12, 2021 at 8:40pm
Restrictions: None
WDC 30 Day Blogging Nov. 13, 2021
PROMPT November 13th

A Science-Fiction type prompt tonight. In your world, all citizens are temporarily neutered at birth. When you want to become a parent, you must prove to the government that you’ll be suitable caretakers and providers before you are allowed to procreate. How do you 'prove to the government' that you'll be a good caretaker/parent.


This isn’t science fiction, it is too close to the truth and it bothers me. For one thing, African Americans were sterilized in our horrific past here in America. It was done in Germany in the 1930's to whoever they deemed unfit if they didn’t kill you. Not so long ago, China allowed people to only have one child. Also people put in mental institutions were sterilized in the USA fifty years ago.

Right now people are talking in school board meetings about burning books or taking them off the selves. The very idea of someone judging who is fit or not to have children really bothers me. I don’t want to get into the politics and I think people truly need government help for many things but not raising your children. But we have been too close to having an authoritarian government recently and that was frightening when the vote was called into question by an insurrection where our legislatures were in danger.

I don’t write sci-fi pieces but if I did I would make the world a much better place where we have learned to get along and no one has to have an open carry permit for a gun. Call me a dreamer but I am not the only one. Plus if parents had to be perfect, no one would be having a baby. By the way it is impossible to temporally neuter people because there isn’t any guarantee that fertility would come back or that ectopic pregnancies wouldn’t occur.

My choice would be not to have children.
This is why I don’t write Sci-Fi pieces.


© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021490-WDC-30-Day-Blogging-Nov-13-2021