*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021553-November-13-2021
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#1021553 added November 13, 2021 at 6:51pm
Restrictions: None
November 13, 2021
My best friend is seriously ill, and I believe is dying. I spoke with her today and she is aware that this is so. She is refusing all medical intervention. She home birthed her children and home schooled them. She is one of the strongest, fiercest women I know. She has been an integral, important part of my life for over 30 years. I am devastated. Even though she won't always be able to talk I plan to call her every day just to say, "Hello". We still make each other laugh. I asked her if there was anything she wanted for an end of life service and she told me to tell them to play, "Another One Bites the Dust." I hope to send her a daily postcard, with a poem, haiku, or whatever pops into my head. I will be recording them here. For me, for my beloved friend.


The world doesn't stop
when I cease to understand
wild roses still bloom

Gaian Tarot--18--The Moon--descent and return

© Copyright 2021 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021553-November-13-2021