*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021763-WDC-30-Day-Blogging-Nov-16-2021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1021763 added November 16, 2021 at 4:50pm
Restrictions: None
WDC 30 Day Blogging Nov. 16, 2021
PROMPT November 16th

This one will cover one of my favorite subjects, Food.
Do you follow a certain regimen/diet when it comes to eating?
Other than something you might be allergic to, are there any foods you avoid or limit yourself to? What's your favorite meal to prepare. Share your recipe if you like. (I have a 'killer' chocolate recipe!)


I love the subject of food when someone else is doing the cooking. I have cooked meals for a family for 50 years and I am tired of doing it. I have to say my husband does enjoy cooking and was a chef for quite a few years so he takes over sometimes. The best way is to cook together, I really enjoy that. We don’t follow a diet but we do limit the amount of red meat, salt and high carb foods. We try to have fish a couple of times a week and we don’t fry foods. Living in the Deep South where fried foods are popular( and delicious) we are trying to be more conscious of healthy eating since we are seniors. We both eat twice a day, breakfast and then dinner at night.

This is my favorite time of the year to cook. I don’t mind putting everything in the crockpot and letting it cook all day. It makes the house smell wonderful. Most of my recipes are things I have created over the years or from my Mom or Mother-in-law. I consider the crock pot one of the best things ever invented. My husband loves to smoke meats on his grill and that is great when the weather is warm. I have a great pork rib recipe. If you have an Instant Pot, it is easy and wonderful.
You Tube: https://goo.gl/9WhRHS

If you want a wonderful dessert to make for the holidays, this is my oldest sons' contribution to family celebrations. You can look up Fruit Pizza under several food web sites. Happy cooking and eating to all!






© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021763-WDC-30-Day-Blogging-Nov-16-2021