*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021837-You-Only-Have-2
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1021837 added November 17, 2021 at 10:21pm
Restrictions: None
You Only Have 2
What did I do during the great shutdown? I went down to the eye doctor. Nothing like flashes of light and giant floaters in your field of vision to put the fear of God into you.

The eye doctor reassured us my vision is fine. My retina looks good. I probably had a small blood vessel burst for whatever reason. Now I have to find an ophthalmologist in Billings. Seems all are now either retiring or just doing cataract surgeries. Weird. But I now need to establish with an MD not just an OD.

An hour to drive down, hour to drive back. I got to thinking. Have you heard about this push for everyone to drive electric cars? I wonder how that will work in Montana. First you have to spend a fortune on that car. No one I know has that kind of money to spend. Then you have to be able to plug it in. There are no plug-ins near me, except for my garage. Few people here have garages, and if they do, it is full of junk. Basically in Montana there are charging stations near interstates. I don't live near an interstate. We have to travel not blocks but miles to get anywhere we visit.

So I found out my eyesight is intact, my gas-powered car gets 28 mpg, and the idea of energy independence by using electric vehicles is a technology Montanans may have a hard time accepting.

I'm exhausted.

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021837-You-Only-Have-2