*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022306-Thankful
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1022306 added November 25, 2021 at 12:00pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful!


Today is Thanksgiving. We are spending the day in Big Timber, a small city west of Roundup, near Livingston. Yesterday we arrived in time for lunch at The Grand, then went for a little hike near a natural bridge.

It actually snowed yesterday at home. Wonderful! First time we'd seen any kind of moisture in months. The two hour drive to Big Timber was non-eventful. Lovely to see snow on the mountains as we got closer.

The Grand is an old hotel, built in 1890. They also have a good restaurant. So we booked two nights and Thanksgiving dinner. Last year we did the same, so thought this year we'd schedule a visit once again. Our families are too far away, and friends have their own agendas, so we're on our own.

https://www.thegrand-hotel.com

Big Timber is between two mountain ranges, the Crazy Mountains and the Beartooth range. Let me tell you, it is like being in a wind tunnel. The wind has blown all night, and promises to do the same today. Crazy, but if you go a bit further to Livingston, it's the same there. Nothing for 20-30 MPH winds to be common.

The 30DBC prompt for today:

PROMPT November 25th
We all have something to be thankful about. In the United States, we celebrate Thanksgiving today. Tell us what you are most thankful for.


I am thankful for life, liberty and love. I am grateful to live in a wonderful part of the country where natural beauty abounds, people are kind and considerate, and life is simpler. I am grateful to have a loving husband. I am grateful to have a wonderful little home to return to tomorrow. And most of all I am grateful to be alive. There have been so many problems along life's way that could have been the end of me, but here I still am!

I am also thankful for this community of writers. In this crazy time, we all need a safe place to land. Thank you WDC.



© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022306-Thankful