*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022218-Dont-let-her-cute-plum-looks-fool-you---30DBC
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1022218 added December 6, 2021 at 6:28am
Restrictions: None
Don't let her cute plum looks fool you. - #30DBC
PROMPT November 24th

In a previous prompt, I asked you to write about your
best, or favorite teacher. Tonight write about your darkest teacher.


Fortunately, I had a lot of good teachers.
The one I have the worst memories of is my fourth grade class teacher.
She was always quick to accuse a kid of the worst, without understanding the situation or the kid herself.
I was bad at Maths, and so was the girl sitting next to me.
One time, both of us (independently) made up our minds to really work hard and do well in a Maths test. Also, that topic was somehow easier to understand.
When the test results came, we had each scored 19.5 / 20.
We were thrilled as we got our papers, till the teacher damped it out by saying: "Partnership work, both of you" - implying that we had copied off each other.
Now:
1. Neither of us had any sort of record of cheating.
2. We sat in the middle of the first row.
3. We had got the half-mark less for DIFFERENT mistakes.
Not taking any of this into account, she publicly made that statement.
I recall how hurt I was, as was the other girl.

The same teacher, incident #2:
My Mom was being admitted to hospital for a minor surgery (polyp in the throat). I was scared. Being distracted, I did badly on an English test, scoring only 50%. English was a subject I excelled at.
We had to get the papers signed by the parents. Mom was packing for hospital when I took my paper to her.
She picked up the first stationery she found and signed.
It was a very light pencil and the signature wasn't properly visible.
I didn't like to disturb my parents in the middle of packing for hospital.
I took a pen and signed on top of the signature.
The teacher refused to listen to me or to see the evidence of the pencil writing underneath. She accused me of forging my Mom's signature, kept me in when everyone else went for P.E., got the HIndi teacher to lecture me and so on.
Next day I brought a note from Dad, saying Mom was in hospital and remembered signing my paper. The teacher said, "Why didn't you tell me your Mom was in hospital?"
Well, had she given me a chance to get a word in, I would've!
Horrible woman.


Thank you Kåre Enga in Montana for
Merit Badge in Wisdom
[Click For More Info]

For [Link to Book Entry #1022218]

A painful personal experience and the wisdom to not hate all teachers. *^*HeartO*^*


© Copyright 2021 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022218-Dont-let-her-cute-plum-looks-fool-you---30DBC