*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022176-Ha-Ha-Ha-Harry---30DBC
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1022176 added November 23, 2021 at 3:10am
Restrictions: None
Ha Ha Ha Harry - #30DBC
PROMPT November 23rd

In your blog today, tell us your favorite joke. It can be long, short, it does not matter. What makes this particular joke your favorite one? C'mon, show us your sense of humor!

They (don't ask who 'they' are, just 'they') say a pun is the lowest form of humour, but my favourite joke happens to be a pun I read in the Reader's Digest years ago. Here it is:

Sticks float. They wood.

I think it's brilliant. I love the tone of it, I love the brevity and I love the play on words, the punniness. It's brilliant. That's all.



Now on to other funny stuff.
Can't pass up a chance to talk about HARRY POTTER.
(Note to self: Ask StoryMistress for a Harry Potter emoticon)
I love the bit where the Weasleys are coming to pick Harry up and get stuck in the fireplace, and Ron, who is the last to know this, asks, "What are we doing here? Has something gone wrong?"
And Fred says, "Oh, no, Ron, no, this is exactly where we wanted to end up."
To which George adds, "Yeah, we're having the time of our lives, here!"

This bit always makes me laugh out loud. It's so ridiculous, the whole situation, and the typical reaction of the twins to Ron's question!

There are many favourite jokes, but you said one and I've already talked of two!

LAUGH ON!


© Copyright 2021 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022176-Ha-Ha-Ha-Harry---30DBC