*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022496-WDC-30-Day-Blogging-Nov-29-2021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1022496 added November 29, 2021 at 8:40am
Restrictions: None
WDC 30 Day Blogging Nov. 29, 2021
PROMPT November 29th

Imagine for a moment that you are near the end of your life. What do you want to have done that would make you feel satisfied?

I have had a wonderful life and I don’t have a bucket list. That is true but if I could do anything about it I would repair the strain between my biological sons. I adore them both and they truly have a lot in common but right now their political views are getting in the way. Life is much too short for this kind of stuff. My youngest has one child and works at home and my oldest works from home. They are both in the computer world. I don’t think it is a wonderful idea to work from home for some people. They both have given up on their social life and with the Covid crisis tend to even order their groceries in. I can understand the mental health crisis that our being shut in has caused. Hopefully time will change this. I have two stepsons also but they are much more involved with their children and life to get too dragged down in keeping up with the news.

Besides peace in my family, my husband and I have already made arrangements financially to support the person remaining whatever should happen. When you are almost seventy I believe you should have those affairs in place. I have been giving various family heirlooms as gifts lately so I can make sure those that appreciate them get them.

The only thing that I can think of that I really want to accomplish is finish the family albums so the kids can put all of it on line. I have many pictures to catalog from my parents and grandparents. I love my life right now. I can read and write if I want to and have gotten rid of a lot of stuff that was clutter. My husband and I are enjoying retirement. So I am satisfied. After all, my children have to solve their own problems.

Kind of boring, I guess. I can’t achieve world peace, fed all those that need and deserve it. I can only care for my little part of the world and live each day to the fullest with gratitude.

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022496-WDC-30-Day-Blogging-Nov-29-2021