*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022756-Blogging-Circle-for-Dec-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1022756 added December 4, 2021 at 7:30am
Restrictions: None
Blogging Circle for Dec 4
"To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold." - Aristotle

Think of this quote and then write about something you find beautiful.

Actually, I don’t think it is necessary to stand out in the cold, to appreciate the beauty of a snowflake. Snowflakes on a cold window become intricate unique lace but you have to be fast to appreciate them. Outside they seem to be one huge clump. Of course, a fresh snowfall is always beautiful but I prefer sitting by a fire these days and watching it from the window. I am in Atlanta so we don’t see snow often but I was born in Michigan so I remember snowmen, snowball battles, tobogganing and even snow skiing. We used to go back there for Christmas to be with my grandparents and those are great memories.

The snowfall I remember the most in my long life was on April 16th, 1973. I was pregnant with my first son and so excited. My husband and I were at my parents house for my brother’s 16th birthday party when I went into early labor. The snow, rare in Georgia in April, began as we were going back to our apartment. It was so beautiful, a fresh new world and we were going to be a brand new family.

A new child is a thrill for most and that doesn’t come without the pain of childbirth. A brand new baby is a metaphor for the quote, for each baby is as unique as a snowflake.

I wrote the following poem after Paul's birth.

I believe in Angels' hair,
fine, soft, white shimmer with golden dust.
I believe in Genie bottles encrusted with jewels,
a room sparkling with children's dreams, love and trust.

I believe in balloons, all shapes and colors.
Celebrations of special days; flying kaleidoscope kites.
Hummingbirds wings excite, multi-color butterflies in flight.
Imagine how small yet talented their brains light.

I believe in cartoon clouds.
Disney characters, pitter patter of first love.
I believe in Merlin, Super Heroes, magic carpets.
Unicorns that fly, stardust carried by peace doves.

I believe in elves that cook in trees,
come alive at night, play, create chicanery.
Fairies that dance, talk by blinking tiny lights,
answer wishes of sick ones calls at night.

I believe in you, a soul catcher.
All the mystery and beauty that live within,
the endless love you have to give.
You, my delicious lovable munchkin.

By Kathie Stehr

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022756-Blogging-Circle-for-Dec-4