*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022954-Blogging-Circle-for-128-Memories
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1022954 added December 8, 2021 at 9:15am
Restrictions: None
Blogging Circle for 12/8 Memories
Day 3317: December 8, 2021
Prompt: A memorable souvenir you have bought or received?




I love this prompt because the things I think of are not worth much of anything except to me. I got my Dad a plush animal ,a small grey puppy with big brownie eyes. It isn’t very big and is floppy, the kind that you can put on a bed pillow or the dashboard of a car. He took it back and forth to the hospital with him when he was sick. I told him the dog was like me watching over him with love. I was traveling back and forth from Atlanta to Tampa for over a year while he was so ill. The dog I called “Brownie”, that was our family dog for 16 years, came home with me after dad died. It sat on the dashboard of my car to remind me of dad and I would rub it occasionally or talk to it. Now it is in my bedroom on a table near the bed. I also have 2 tables my dad made that are lovely.

Of all the things in my jewelry case, I love the earrings my Mom hand painted with birds and a sailboat. Her paintings are scattered around our home. My Grandmother (Dad's Mom) made a lovely pearl seed necklace that has several strands and a crotched closure. My first husband made many things, my sons have pieces of furniture but I kept a jewelry box he inscribed with a poem. My other Grandma, myself, and my Mom made many ornaments for the Christmas tree. I could go on but all the things that mean the most are handmade, things that took time and were made with love. They are objects that have a magical quality of having existed for precious memories so they carry a part of each person’s energy.




© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022954-Blogging-Circle-for-128-Memories