*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023343-Diksa
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#1023343 added December 18, 2021 at 11:40am
Restrictions: None
Diksa
" 'Diksa' means initiation. Initiation by a Guru or Master. By 'diksa' the Guru touches the ray of the supernal light and awakens the mystical knowledge and consciousness in the mind of the disciple, who then marches on his pilgrimage - the great quest for Reality. According to the scriptures, 'diksa' is considered to be essential to the seekers of truth for their spiritual progress towards the attainment of the goal which is nothing else but the perfect unity with the One. Then he gets that beatific vision which suffuses him with light, knowledge and consciousness. To orientals, Guru is the great alchemist who turns the salt, sulphur and mercury of his disciple's mind into spiritual gold. It is the Empyrion of Dante; the Jerusalem of the Christian mystics.
The mystic sage Ma Anandamayi outlines the different modes of 'diksa' as below:
'(l) 'Mantra Diksa' - Uttering of the mantra or mystic syllable or seed symbol by the Guru to the disciple. The latter practices in deep and concentrated meditation and gains perfection.
(2) 'Sparsa Diksa" - Initiation by touch. The Guru initiates by touching some vital part of the body of the disciple, just like birds being hatched from eggs by touching it with their wings.
(3) 'Drsti Diksa' - Initiation by look; like fish rearing its egg by look and nourishing it also by look.
(4) 'Manasi Diksa' or 'Bheda Diksa' - By this method the Guru neither utters any mantra, nor touches, nor looks, but passes the spiritual force through 'dhyana' (contemplation) from a distance, just as the tortoise hatches its egg which lies embedded in earth, only thinking of it, remaining under water quite at a distance from the egg.
(5) 'Upadesa Diksa' - This is initiation through instruction by the Guru.'
Broadly these are the different modes of initiation spoken of by Ma Anandamayi and the Scriptures as well.
To the average layman she explains the significance of spiritual initiation in these simple words: 'You want to call somebody you see, but you don't know his name; so somehow or other you try to attract his attention by beckoning or calling out, using any words which occur to you. He comes over and says,
'Were you calling me?
My name is such and such.' Similarly, God Himself in the role of the spiritual preceptor (Guru) discloses His Name to the pilgrim wandering in search of a guide. After initiation, random efforts are over for the pupil ('sisya'). He has touched the lifeline which will lead him to the goal. In the ultimate analysis, the disciple realizes that he is One with the Name and the Guru. How can it be otherwise? He alone can impart the gift of this Name and none but He Himself can sustain the knowledge of His Name' ."



**There are those who still receive Her touch of light in dreams, or in the subtle body, and some before She left the earth, did receive Her touch in subtle spiritual form in visitations, about which they are unable to speak at this time. One should never underestimate the Guru's infinite ability to communicate whatever is needed, when the disciple is ready, no matter time, place, or distance, or even world. Jai Ma! 💛

© Copyright 2021 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023343-Diksa