*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023924-2021-Reading-List
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1023924 added January 1, 2022 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
2021 Reading List
It's the end of 2021, which means it's time to review all the reading and listening I've done over the past calendar year. Here's how 2021 breaks down:


*Star* = favorite
*ThumbsUp* = also really enjoyed


Books (click to expand full list)

This year, I finished clearing out my Kindle of all the impulse buys and discount books that I've picked up over the years. I'm down to less than a dozen books to read, which is a good number I think. Now my goal is to not let it get out of hand again by finishing books before I buy new ones and keeping an equilibrium. I'm sure I'll ignore this and buy a bunch of books sooner or later. *Pthb*

At the end of 2020 I said I was going to read fewer books (and spend more time focusing on longer and/or more complex books. Well, I was half right. I still read 100 books this year, but the real surprise was that I read almost 10,000 more pages than last year and the average page length of the books I read increased from 248 pages to 365 pages. So technically I did read longer and more complex books than last year... I just also read substantially more than I did last year. *Think*



Podcasts (click to expand full list)

I did listen to significantly fewer podcasts this year than last year. I'm getting better about skipping podcast episodes that don't really hook me, and unsubscribing from podcasts when they become more miss than hit for me. I'm not sure how low my podcast numbers will go year over year because there's always something new to listen to and always some topic that I find interesting, but I no longer feel obliged to keep listening to stuff that I've listened to for years, even though I've lost interest.



Comics (click to expand full list)

I think I once again forgot to include the various comics that I skimmed through for work. It's still a goal of mine to actually to read more comics because I really enjoy them and I've been missing reading them over the past few years.



Scripts (click to expand full list)

I'm not putting any favorites or highly recommended on the script section of my reading list because a lot of the writers on this list are my friends and/or colleagues and I don't want to play favorites with my friends and business associates. *Smile*



TOTALS: 100 books, 885 podcasts, 19 comics, 44 scripts


According to Goodreads, my book reading resulted in the following stats:

         Total Pages Read: 36,520
         Average Pages Per Book: 365
         Shortest Book: 75 pages
         Longest Book: 1,281 pages


That's it for my 2021 reading... time to see what 2022 has in store! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2022 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023924-2021-Reading-List