*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024069-Intro-Background-and-Resolutions
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1024069 added January 7, 2022 at 8:47pm
Restrictions: None
Intro, Background and Resolutions
Hi Everyone. Welcome. *Smile*

I think I should start things off with a little bit of an intro and tell you what this item is about. I've been a member of WDC for many years now though I tend to stick to the shadows a lot . I originally joined this site back in 2007 to take advantage of the Interactive story feature.

For those not familiar with Interactive stories on the site. The stories allow you to collaborate with other writers to create storylines with multiple outcomes. Each chapter would end with a decision and writers are given the option to continue choices in the story from where a previous writer left off.

The great thing about this site is that it welcomes authors with a variety of background and even those with wackier tastes could gain a following of their own. The interactives here had a thriving community of its own where many readers and writers would go to explore some more wilder fantasies. I was very active in that part of the community and helped to develop several interactive stories on the site.

This is actually my Third Book Item on WDC. My first was a blog I created to share the Interactive chapters I was working on. These days WDC has a feature that allows readers to see all the chapters an interactive author has written by visiting an author's community tab but back then the only way to get viewers to know where your chapter was written was through word of mouth. In the blog I would list out the chapters I was writing so that other interactive fans could find them.

At the time I was gifted a 3 month upgraded membership and was determined to make the most of it. I wound up blogging every single day. When the three months expired I closed up shop and relocated the blog to blogger where it wound up doing surprisingly well averaging thousands of views every day. I continued to contribute to interactives on the site expanding into regular writing as well.

As time passed I slowly began to be more active in site activities. This has become a lot easier to do on the site with the introduction of the Newsfeed feature that allows you to see all the great events going on in the community. One such event was the "Wonderland challenge which lead to the creation of my second book item "Adventures in Wonderland. That book was a wild mix of poetry, stories, games, journal entries and other types of writing each corresponding to a random task given out by the challenge.

This current book is most likely going to be a mix of my earlier two book items. I created it in response to the "I Write: Enter the Second Decade challenge as a place to hold my writing for it in the next 10 weeks. There will probably be a lot of blog entries with some random writing thrown into the mix. At least in he early stage... most of these will be Journal entries but there are a couple of stories that I'm hoping to develop and include here as well. If there are any suggestions for writing topics/challenges to try out and ideas please share them and I'll see if I can incorporate them.

Thank you for visiting and more to come soon!!
-*ChessRookB*


© Copyright 2022 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024069-Intro-Background-and-Resolutions