*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024238-COVID-Revisited
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#1024238 added January 5, 2022 at 4:00pm
Restrictions: None
COVID Revisited
I guess today I will talk about the things that you don't hear in the media about healthcare workers. We have all been told we are heroes, but this does nothing for our mental health. Our numbers are dropping faster than the stock market crash of 1929.Some of this is due to burn out, others are just wanting a change, others are looking for more money, and some are choosing to retire early. We have seen a decline in healthcare in theses past 2 years that is heart breaking. It brings to mind the fisherman in his boat continually plugging holes in his boat in an effort to keep it afloat. WE are struggling and we are tired. I got an email today that I again had close exposure to COVID. They want me to work as long as I have no symptoms and there will be no testing of the exposed workers unless they become symptomatic. I am supposed to monitor myself closely and limit my outside (of work) activities. Well I am here to tell you that, I have been doing this for 2 years. I am at a loss for what my options are... do I continue to live my life in a bubble? Spending time with my family is the only joy allotted these days. Do I knowingly go to the store possibly exposing the community? I am vaxxed and masked but still I worry about passing this onto others. A dear friend that I had not seen in a bit ran up to me in the store yesterday and hugged me. For such a simple gesture of love, do I now inform her that she may have been exposed. Yesterday, I didn't know that I had been. In the past 2 years I have had at least 25 close exposures. I have not had COVID that I know of or flu or cold or any symptoms. I guess my point in all of this, is that sometimes knowing that you have been exposed is just as damaging to our mental health, as caring for the patients. What shall I do with this newest round of information?

© Copyright 2022 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024238-COVID-Revisited