*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024256-Baby-Its-Still-Cold-Outside
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1024256 added January 6, 2022 at 1:53am
Restrictions: None
Baby, It's Still Cold Outside!
Yes, we are still having frigid weather. In my last post, I explained how cold and it hasn't changed much. It did climb above zero for about twenty-four hours, not a lot above, but still above. Of course, we also had another winter storm pass over at the same time, and then it's back down. It's forecast to drop to a shivering -27 degrees by morning with winds in the teens. That means the wind chill factor, or as it's called no, the feel like temperature is close to -40. I'm talking degrees Fahrenheit here!

It's going to be like this until the weekend, then it's forecast to warm up into the teens and twenties. After this arctic freeze, that's going to feel almost tropical. Seriously; I'm talking about close to a 50-degree temperature change. Two days ago, before the wind picked up and the snow started dropping, I was standing outside in my t-shirt while I smoked -- today I'm hunkered down in the garage with a torpedo heater going and dressed like an Arctic explorer.

Other than being cold, not a lot is going on right now. Of course, Christmas break is over and the kids are back in school, even though it was two hours late starting today because of the snow. Oh, and my older daughter joined WdC and has a poem in her port that she needed to write for school. Of course, I'm going to be biased, but in all honesty, I think she did pretty damn well.

Who knows, maybe she will motivate me to start writing again...

© Copyright 2022 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024256-Baby-Its-Still-Cold-Outside