*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024367-Welcome-to-the-Weekend
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1024367 added January 8, 2022 at 2:36pm
Restrictions: None
Welcome to the Weekend
The weekend is here, I finally feel like I've had a full night's sleep, the sun is shining, and it's twenty degrees above zero; it's a beautiful day.

I should be out shoveling snow and cleaning up from our last snow storm since it dropped to bitterly cold temperatures and I haven't done any of it yet, but instead of getting all the things done here that need doing, I'm getting ready to head over to my elderly mother-in-law's and shoveling out her snow while my wife and the kids take down her holiday decorations and put them back in the garage.

Tomorrow it's back down below zero, so today is the best day to work outside, but unfortunately, I won't have time to do any of my outdoor work since I'll be over there. I also need to get a new torpedo heater for the garage, and since my wife is home today we could take the car over and get one, but it's over thirty miles in the opposite direction from my mother-in-law's. Also, with the arctic cold we have had for two weeks now, most places are out of stock on heaters, so by the time I can go get one, they likely won't have one.

I know, I should just do what needs to be done here, but at the same time, none of the lady's other children or grandchildren that live close by, seem to be able to help her out, so I'll drive for an hour to go over there and help her out.

© Copyright 2022 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024367-Welcome-to-the-Weekend