*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024280-Jan-5-2022---Snake-Bite
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1024280 added January 6, 2022 at 6:40pm
Restrictions: None
Jan. 5, 2022 - Snake Bite
PROMPT FOR JANUARY 5, 2022
Begin your blog entry by writing...
When I think about my life so far, I would have to say the most frightened I've ever been was the day...



When I think about my life so far, I would have to say the most frightened I've ever been was the day my oldest daughter was bitten by a copperhead snake. I had forced the girls to go outside to help round up all the chickens so we could put them in their coop for the night. Just getting my oldest outside to help out had been a chore. Instead of putting on proper shoes, she had just slipped on her flip-flops. She was walking down the hill behind the house when I heard her scream. Mark and I ran around the house to where she was, and she told me a snake had just bitten her. I found the snake and killed it. After I figured out what kind of snake it was, I put it into a container in case we needed it at the hospital. Good thing I did because the people at the ER probably would have gotten the wrong antivenom. We were there for what seemed like forever. Her foot was turning black from the venom and had swollen alarmingly. My heart was in my throat at the thought of something happening to one of my kids. I was so scared for her. Luckily, having brought the snake in question to the hospital, the medical staff administered the proper antivenom and my daughter fully recovered. But that's when I learned that there is nothing more frightening than something happening to one of my children. I can mentally handle most things, but not that.



green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024280-Jan-5-2022---Snake-Bite