*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024308-Tell-us-something-about-yourself
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1024308 added January 7, 2022 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
Tell us something about yourself

I am going to use this blog comment-excellent one. I have the "I want to be liked" syndrome but at 68, that is beginning to change. I am really tired of feeling guilty if I hurt someone's feelings. Time to be who I really am even though I am a broken dish with a lot of flaws.

I have gotten into a terrible habit of sitting far too much even though I know it is bad for me. Perhaps not for anyone else but for me, I am changing that. For the last 8 months, since the trees demolished our top floor, my excuse is that there is sheetrock dust everywhere so why clean? Because it is good exercise and keeps the dirt level down in our warped home.

Now our house is finally 3/4 of the way done and I am thrilled. I have new coats of paint in each room. The tree did so much damage to the house each ceiling was cracked, mirrored doors were cracked, carpet was soaked and so was wooden flooring so the Insurance co paid out a $100,000 for damages. Our home has newly repaired walls, ceilings painted and the wallpaper stripped and newly lovely paint colors I choose. The only thing that isn't done is the carpeting and flooring. I can't wait now. Of course some precious irreplaceable furniture was lost. My cherry bedroom suite was ruined and even though it was expensive (in the 1970's) they only pay fair market price with depreciation. That adds up to $800 for a bedroom set that costs over that back 50 years ago. It was time to get rid of stuff anyway and this has forced me to go through box after box, donate to the Goodwill and dump stuff out. About 300 books have gone to the goodwill. It feels good to see less stuff to clean-a more slick minimalistic look as we age. I suppose there really is a reason for all that happens-even the tragedies. It got me moving and I have lost about 20# just cleaning.

Have a wonderful New Year everyone!!!

© Copyright 2022 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024308-Tell-us-something-about-yourself