*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024341-Blogville-for-Jan-7-TABOO
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1024341 added February 18, 2022 at 9:30am
Restrictions: None
Blogville for Jan 7 TABOO
TABOO (AVOIDANCE)

Are you easily offended? Does sex, violence, gore, drugs, politics, religion, swear-words keep you from reading something. Which taboo bothers you the most/least. Does anyone read 18+ writings. Are children to be protected from the world or educated about it.



I am offended by ridiculous ignorance and I don’t have a poker face. I have a very open mind about almost everything else. Nothing would keep me from watching a movie that I had heard critical praise for. I love all types of art because it is creative and has meaning to the artist. There are exceptions, of course. I am open to most religions unless if is obviously a cult that takes advantage of people. I have personally seen an older disabled woman robbed of her Social Security earnings by a Pentecostal church. They told her she would be healed if she gave more. She was living on almost nothing and giving thousands to the church. Now I know that is the exception but it is awful.

I don’t like gore for any reason. Being in the medical field I have seen the destruction caused by real violence and don’t like it exploited.
Sex is fine as long as it pertains to the story, either film or book. The human body was made for pleasure. I don’t care for S&M. Open marriages or relationships are fine but I have turned them down. I don’t see how it works without jealousy etc.

Drugs are a huge problem for our world if they become addictive in a negative way and can ruin lives. This is a complex subject and I know other countries have made drugs legal and provide places for people to use safely, have free rehab centers and also to find alternatives. This is a subject the US is going to have to confront in the immediate future.
Marijuana is a part of my life for my dystonia pain and I use Kratom, a plant based medicine also. It is made from the crushed leaves of trees grown in Asia. It is banned in many states. I have close family that have OD'd on illegal drugs, used wrongly they ruin lives and some should only be used medically.

Swear words are only words but they have a place in culture and music and life in general. Sometimes people become so lazy they don’t use another word in place of swear words. I know as a teenager these words were used for shock value. Now they are a part of the mainstream and most people are becoming used to them in music and movies.

Politics can be problem for me right now. I have strong liberal views but am always willing to listen to another point of view. I read and listen to both sides but throw pillows and cuss in private a lot. LOL

Violence bothers me the most, too much of it and I think people are obviously adversely affected by it.

I read all types of writing, You are missing out on the world if you worry about adult literature. Children should be protected by us when they are small. The world is a messy, sometimes cruel place and education about many things will serve you well as you are ready to understand truth about everything.

Thanks for the chance to voice my ideas on these subjects.

Have a wonderful safe New Year!

© Copyright 2022 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024341-Blogville-for-Jan-7-TABOO