*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024399-2022---January-Nine
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1024399 added January 9, 2022 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
2022 - January Nine

PROMPT January 9, 2022

READ IT IN THE SUNDAY PAPERS

"PORCH PONDERINGS" by QueenNormaJean 2022°belowhere (297) Provided the idea for today's prompt.

We all have that certain something, real or imagined, that drives us crazy.
WE'RE MAD AS HELL AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

Write your best rant in a 'Letter to the Editor' style blog entry. Watch the video for some inspiration.


First of all, thanks for the credit!
I think I mentioned previously a lady in town who always writes letters to the editor in our little paper. She did it again last week. Her name is Nancy. I'm going to copy some of that letter. This one is actually quite coherent.

"In a past editorial, we talked a bit about the new socal media platforms and of Quantum physics in computer technology. On December 24, 2021, NASA launched their complex new telescope into space. NASA along with the European space agency and the Canadian space agency, worked together on project at a cost of ten billion dollars.....................(skipping ahead)

Perhaps this is what our species needs to do more of, march toward the future. Stop allowing corrupt governement officials who put up road blocks to stop our progress in our lives. As we mentioned last time, NASA launched a powerful telescope into space December 24, 2021. It's mission is to unfold the universe and the mystery of "origin" information to us earthlings. ............(skipping ahead)

NASA has also hired 24 theologians to help world religions cope with reactions to extraterrestial life. The chief Vatican astronomer says that no conflict between belief in God and extraterrstrial life exists. That these are our "extraterrestrial" brothers. The NASA launch date fascinates me. December 24, the eve of birth of Jesus. Could NASA and these Theologians be telling us something? Just curious is all....but are YOU ready to find out about existence? Our origins at the bein of time. Because without time we would not exist. In a Mirror article written on December 16, 2021, they talke about strange UFO clouds over the UK...NASA also admits UFO;s do exist. Will the James Webb telescope finally answer all our questions about the universe and alien life forms?
Nancy K."

I don't write letters to the editor. But I sometimes read them. I always read the ones this person writes, since they are always interesting. I'm not sure if this one is accurate. I won't bother to look up the NASA information.

I do know that Christmas is a religious symbol, or at least used to be. Recently it has become too secularized for my taste. The real meaning is shoved aside for the getting of things.

No one knows for sure that December 25 is the exact date of Christ's birth. It probably is not. Christ was not a Christian by birth, he was a Jew. So they would have celebrated Hannukah. That date hasn't changed throughout time.

People have been debating UFO's and the origin of life for decades. Movies, books, essays. You know we here on this site love to write about aliens, other life forms, the origin of life, UFO's. We love to debate anything.

So I consider my BLOG a letter to the editor every time I post.



new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024399-2022---January-Nine