*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024470-2022---January-Ten---Mini-Challenge---Day-One
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1024470 added January 10, 2022 at 7:44pm
Restrictions: None
2022 - January Ten - Mini Challenge - Day One


Andre in the Mediterranean

Andre recently spent some time sailing on the Mediterranean. He hopped on a tramp steamer out of Norfolk, made his way across the Atlantic playing poker below deck. Once in Casablanca, he cashed some of his winnings to pay his passage for a boat headed to Greece.

At least he thought he was headed for that magical island of Mykonos. A resort there was counting on him to headline a show, “Andre the Magical Monkey” Andre practiced many ‘slight of hand’ tricks over the winter months last year and this past summer. Most involved separating humans from their cash. He couldn’t wait to show the folks his tricks.

But on the way to Mykonos, his boat stopped for a time. Some divers went over the edge and surfaced with a strange metal device.

Andre got excited. He is a secret worshipper of Melqart, the god of Tyre. This metal object was the altar long lost from the city of Tyre. It was feared to have been destroyed back in 400 BC during one of those wars that happened every few hundred years.

The boat now was in an uproar. Andre yelled and screamed. He climbed to the top of the mast and threw down bananas, oranges, coconuts, wrenches, anchors. All on board either dove into the water or went below deck.

Once the deck was cleared, Andre opened the metal object, called the Antikythera mechanism. Out flew Melqart. The Ancient God looked at Andre. Andre looked at Meqart. They conversed in the ancient Phoenician language.

Melqart chanted the ancient temple worship ritual. Andre then clapped his simian hands. The Antikythera mechanism flew into the air about a foot, hovered for a time. Melqart and Andre climbed on top. Then the mechanism shot out over the sea and headed for Greece.

Once on Mykonos, Andre and Melqart fit right into the eclectic crowd. Andre successfully pilfered the standing-room-only crowd at the Mykonos Hilton of several thousand euros. Melqart stood nearby as bouncer.

Suddenly a fight broke out as the crowd realized Andre had bilked them of their hard-earned euros. Andre with Melqart summoned the Antikythera mechanism and again flew over the Mediterranean. They landed on the boat Andre had used earlier.

All the sailors again either dove overboard or ran below deck. All except The Grumpy Leprechaun from Andre’s Banana Bar. Sitting on the shoulder of the little leprechaun was a tiny mouse. Both had been sent to get Andre back to the Banana Bar. They shouted at Andre, but he ignored them.

Andre shook Melqart’s stony hand, then Melqart and the Antikythera mechanism splashed into the sea.

Soon the Grumpy Leprechaun and Andre got into a knock-down, drag-out fight, only to be separated by the tiny mouse.

“Stop it you two hooligans! We have to make it back to the Banana Bar! I’ve arranged a special flight home. Let’s at least get to Casablanca. Then you can iron out your differences there,” squeaked tiny mouse.

Andre and the Grumpy Leprechaun shook hands, decided to let bygones be bygones. All the sailors joined them topside. The mouse explained the problem to the sailors, and off they all sailed to Casablanca.

The flight home gave Andre, the grumpy leprechaun and the tiny mouse time to talk, although Andre sulked more than talked. He was reluctant to help pay for the flight home.

Before they get to the banana bar, there was a detour to Gander, Newfoundland. Grumpy Leprechaun and tiny mouse left Andre at the airport there. The SPCA was called and he’s currently being held in a cage at their facility. He’s none too happy about that, and is trying to negotiate a hostage release. But since he is technically an animal, and Covid is rampant right now, he is now under quarantine. And since he is in Canada, well, all sort of immigration rules and regulations apply. But on the plus side, he is getting free medical care. The Canadians are still a tad miffed about the theft of that mysterious object. Andre could be here awhile.

Grumpy Leprechaun and the tiny mouse are currently in discussions with Lilli 🧿 ☕ about Andre. He may have to go to Gamblers Anonymous for a time, as well an anger management class.

Stay tuned for updates.








new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024470-2022---January-Ten---Mini-Challenge---Day-One