*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024436-Jan-8-2022---A-Day-at-the-Park
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1024436 added January 10, 2022 at 12:27am
Restrictions: None
Jan. 8, 2022 - A Day at the Park
January 8, 2022

PROMPT: SATURDAY IN THE PARK
What is your favorite park, where is it, and do you still go there? If you don't have a favorite park, then tell us why Saturday night's alright for fighting.




My favorite park is located about an hour and a half from where I currently live. It is called Mineola Nature Preserve and is on the Sabine River. At the preserve, there are areas for camping, ponds for fishing, a disc golf course, hiking and biking trails, equestrian trails, birdwatching areas, lookouts, numerous plant species, and tons of wildlife - even my favorite, alligators! The Nature Preserve also has quite a few places set up for photographs, an area for gatherings and special events, and an amphitheater. I love it because it has a bit of everything I enjoy doing in nature, and of course, the alligators.

My husband and I travel there for disc golf tournaments from time to time and we are planning a lovely camping trip out there once summer rolls around again. I cannot wait! I would love to hear the calls of the gators as I am drifting off to sleep! Then, when we wake with the sun, we will enjoy a light breakfast before we set off for a round of disc golf before the weather becomes too warm. If you like nature, this park is a nice one to go visit.

On the flip side of things, I also really enjoy Big Bend National Park in southwest Texas. The area is dry and rocky. The plant and wildlife found there are specialized for the desert climate. I love the bare beauty of the place, the changes in elevation.

Both places are quiet and peaceful and a reminder of what the world was like before urbanization.

green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024436-Jan-8-2022---A-Day-at-the-Park