*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024505-January-Eleven---Mini-Challenge---Day-Two
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1024505 added January 11, 2022 at 12:44pm
Restrictions: None
January Eleven - Mini Challenge - Day Two



What's Written On Dighton Rock?

In the 1950s, workers uncovered a huge 40-ton rock near Berkeley, Massachusetts with strange marks and symbols carved on it. It had first been described around 1680 and was studied many times by scholars in the centuries after, as per New England.
Because it appears to have both pictorial inscriptions as well as some letter-like carvings, not everyone thinks it is the work of Native tribes in the area, but possibly the work of sailors from Portugal or even proof of Viking or Phoenician visitation.

Andre says, "If anyone can decipher this message, it would have to be a writer."

Share your theory, and solve the message in the marks and symbols. Convince your readers that your theory is the only factual solution.


This is an art project by the little known artist, Wile E. Coytote. It is an explanation, in petroglyphs, of the history of rockfalls on unsuspecting canis latrans throughout the early history of man.

There is much known of buffalo jumps, those areas where bison were herded over cliffs to their demise. Native peoples used that method to harvest bison for food and hides. But little is known of the tradition of rocks falling on unsuspecting coyotes.

Andre the Blog Monkey has contributed to the ongoing study of the Dighton Rock. His philanthropic work is not well known, much like the history of this rock.

https://fwp.mt.gov/first-peoples-buffalo-jump

new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.



© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024505-January-Eleven---Mini-Challenge---Day-Two