*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024570-Day-3--Andres-Five-Day-Mini-Challenge
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#1024570 added January 12, 2022 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
Day 3 ~ Andre's Five Day Mini Challenge
January 11th. 2022


"The Curious and Mysterious Disappearance of Lord Lucan"


"burst into The Plumbers Arms", which startled the daylights out of The Plumber!

Upon reading this morning's prompt I knew there was only one thing for it. A field trip! We needed to return to the scene of the crime! Andre was feeling a bit sluggish this morning, there was an all-night card game last night. He was tired but in a good mood. He always is when he fleeces, gets lucky and wins.

He perked up when he heard we were going to visit a pub in England. He ordered up the corporate jet, only after I agreed to pay for the fuel. A short time later we were airborne and Andre was sawing wood.

We arrived at Heathrow PDQ, which is Monkey for faster than a speeding banana. Hopping into one of those old-timey cabs we headed to 14 LOWER BELGRAVIA STREET, BELGRAVIA, GREATER LONDON, SW1W 0LN. Straight into The Plumbers Arms. I was a bit disappointed when we got there, seems they had to close up temporarily. But, traveling with Andre has its perks. Andre walked right up to the door, lifted a furry little fist, and gave the door a secret rap.

Tap–tappity–tap,tap–tappity,tap—

A little portal slid open and a face appeared. "We're closed, you silly blighters, can't you rea–Andre old chum! The door swung open. "Do come in. What brings you into cold London and off your tropical paradise?"

We explained our quest to the publican, finishing by asking him if anyone had looked further into the mystery of Richard John Bingham, 7th Earl of Lucan. The publican told that as far as he knew no had bothered, Lord Lucan was declared a murderer at the coroner's inquest and never found or heard from again. The only real update was that Lady Lucan, was found dead in her apartment on September 26, 2017, her death was officially recorded as “unexplained”.

We had a delightful meal, drank some warm ale, and shared laughs with the publican. Quite forgetting why we were there in the first place.

As we flew home I realized that not only hadn't we solved the first mystery, the disappearance of Lord Lucan, we in fact uncovered another. How did Lady Lucan die, and why was her death still unexplained?

Here are two interesting websites I found that you might like;

The Plumber's Arms  
A History of The Plumber's Arms  





© Copyright 2022 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024570-Day-3--Andres-Five-Day-Mini-Challenge