*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024593-January-13-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1024593 added January 13, 2022 at 9:32am
Restrictions: None
January 13, 2022
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. WilcoxImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

For my blog P"rompt
James 1:21-25
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

What do you think all of this means? Forgetting what manner of man he was after walking away from the mirror? This is some good food for thought."

I would have to do a deep dive and analyze this good to come up with a correct answer. I believe just from reading it that what Paul is saying is that we often know what we are supposed to do and how we are suppose to act in a given situation but we soon forget or we cave in to the flesh and give in to the world. All too often Christians get this idea that being saved means being sinless and perfect. It is an idealology that has been in the church since the writings of Augustine. However this is just not the case. Christians are not sinless nor will we ever be sinless in this world. Paul says "Now I see through a glass darkly but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know even as I am known", 1 Cor. 13:12.

What Paul is saying is that in this world we stumble along because we cannot see clearly. We grope and feel our way along and we make mistakes. We sin and sin often. In the world to come we will see perfectly and there will be no sin, no temptation, no error.

For my blog Prompt: I was cruising the galaxy with The Pink Panther and found this planet: Kotaro writes
 Morning haiku  (E)
In the park
#1247341 by Kotaro
.

Write about this in your Blog entry today.

I am jealous that Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox got to spend time with Pink Panther. He was always one of my favorites. Of course, her spending time with him would explain why the entire inside of the U. S. S. Constitution (our ship) is pink!

I love haiku and while I did not count the syllables in this one it appears to be a good one. I especially like the way the author spins in a random thought at the end as haiku always does.

Signature for those who win an honorable mention at the 2020 Quill AwardsSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2022 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024593-January-13-2022