*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024621-January-Thirteen---Mini-Challenge---Day-Four
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1024621 added January 13, 2022 at 6:46pm
Restrictions: None
January Thirteen - Mini Challenge - Day Four


The Bermuda Triangle

Andre says he once drove to the Bermuda Triangle and doesn't recall having any unusual experience there.
He did report the feeling that he was missing the memory of a little time that passed while he was there, around 36 hours.

I believe that vodka may have played a role in Andre's missing time. Still, the reputation of the area leads one to ponder the
reasons for the many stories.

What's the Secret of the Bermuda Triangle?


Unless you've never been near a drugstore paperback rack and don't surf cable channels late at night, you've undoubtedly heard of the Bermuda Triangle, aka the Devil's Triangle. It's an area of water between Florida, Puerto Rico, and Bermuda that, according to pop mythology, contains some sort of malevolent force that causes ships, planes, and people to disappear, never to be seen again.

Some have put the blame on extraterrestrial invaders capturing humans for study, on inter-dimensional vortices, and even on oceanic flatulence (methane gas erupting from ocean sediments)




Andre was in the Bermuda Triangle for a time in the 70’s. That was the time of free love, free drugs, and hippie living. He hung out with some people from Haight Ashbury for a time. That was right after the ‘Summer of Love’ and Woodstock.

Now Andre is not afraid of ingesting some mind-altering substances at times. He had some ‘high’ times with some hippie friends during those years. But recently he maybe will overindulge with a few pina coladas or banana daiquiris.

One night I stopped by the Banana Bar. Andre sat on the mahogany top, holding court as usual. Before him was a map of the Bermuda Triangle.

There was quite a crowd gathered as he tried to explain the physics behind this anomaly. Everyone had an opinion. UFOs, aliens, swamp gas, backward sucking of the ocean, even the space-time continuum.

“Skcreeh! Scerrennnrrr! Hammler eot!!…..” Andre was adamant. All listened.

His furry finger pointed to the red dot on the map. Then that finger pointed to a vintage movie poster on the wall. Andre took a drink of his daiquiri.

“KKker;er ear”. Slurp, slurp. “Lpwaeorsw ear.” He then hopped off the bar, took Lilli 🧿 ☕ by the hand. They walked to the backroom.

“What in the world does he mean?”

“Do you believe that?”

“I need Gentleman Jack, make it a double.”

The movie poster showed a skeleton’s hand grabbing a plane. Did Andre know something we didn’t?

All grabbed smartphones and Googled ‘Bermuda Triangle’. The instant they typed in the search all disappeared.

Andre walked back into the bar front. Lilli 🧿 ☕ scolded him. “Now you’ve done it. Who’s paying for this night?”

Andre scribbled a name and ran out the door.

Brother Nature











new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024621-January-Thirteen---Mini-Challenge---Day-Four