*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024760-The-16th-of-the-Year-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2118335
My blog of half-important thoughts and consistent communication practice.
#1024760 added January 16, 2022 at 3:14am
Restrictions: None
The 16th of the Year 2022
Hello there,


         Well we are now halfway through the first month of the year. Welcome to your third year of lockdowns, restrictions, and mandates in a pandemic that has overstayed its welcome. Where has the time gone? It does feel like yesterday that I was seeing reports of an outbreak in China; wondering about how this might impact such a connected world. Honestly, I've made the best of these strange times; hopefully, dear reader, you have been able to do as well. For the first time, my own life feels as interesting a story to tell as anything I've imagined.


         I have high hopes for this year and the next; come hell or high water. One goal holds my vision and shapes my plans for the year ahead. Strangely enough, this goal unrelated to writing is the main reason why I am writing now. Writing has always been a claiming activity for me and I need to start taking better care of myself, so after a rough start to the year, I am getting back to what I set out to do years ago.


         It's strange how much getting that preferred author status on this website shattered my confidence after my first decent month of blogging here. I sincerely thought it was a mistake on the part of the community when it happened and felt like a fraud. The yellow suitcase always stood as a certain marker of quality that I didn't think my profile contained. I let that get to me. Call it too high standards, or a fear of disappointing others; it was part of the crucible needed to refine me. The first half of 2020 was certainly the hardest time of my life... and by the end of that year, it was probably the happiest.


         Forgive me, this time of year always brings my mind to reminisce.


         However, I can't wait to share that story with the world. I think we all could take comfort in a story of that kind.


Deus Vult Gratia,


KS


P.S.


Memento Mori

© Copyright 2022 KnightScribe (UN: knight_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KnightScribe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024760-The-16th-of-the-Year-2022