*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025206-The-22nd-of-the-Year-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2118335
My blog of half-important thoughts and consistent communication practice.
#1025206 added January 22, 2022 at 8:27pm
Restrictions: None
The 22nd of the Year 2022
Deus Vult Gratia,


         I had a little adventure at home this week. My toilet started filling the tank and would not stop, and when I turned the valve to shut the water, discovered that the valve would leak in the off position. Plumbing is outside of my wheelhouse, but luckily I have access to people that have the experience to give me good advice. And after a slightly aggravating experience, I got the toilet and valve fixed on my own. The next day I felt absolutely invigorated after finishing the first bit of maintenance work that also improved the quality of my house: my toilet now runs much quieter.


         Had one of my out-of-the-blue obsessive projects today. On my shelf is a board game for being a GM of a hockey team, haven't played it in years, haven't even opened the box in almost a decade, but for whatever reason, I opened it, reacquainted myself with the rules, and reviewed the setup. It's so funny how well I remember those couple of games so long ago. I remember exactly what I liked, disliked, and how my brothers and I tried to fix it. Then the urge took me and I basically rebuilt the game from the ground up focusing on what I found fun and discarding everything else. Now, I am sitting on a new game instead of the usual homebrew rules that these sessions usually produce. Can't wait to play this with the family, and I might have to look at getting this out to the public.


Memento Mori,


KS

© Copyright 2022 KnightScribe (UN: knight_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KnightScribe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025206-The-22nd-of-the-Year-2022