*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024804-Am-I-using--my-friends
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1024804 added January 16, 2022 at 9:40pm
Restrictions: None
Am I using my friends?
picture for forum


God revealed something to me this morning. Judges 14:20 stood out to me.

But Samson’s wife was given to his companion, whom he used as his friend.

I find it interesting that it says he used him as his friend.

I sent this to my pastor and it got kind of deep. You see? I have been even trying to friend, friends of friends on Facebook. I have been trying to pay attention to every possible contact I can make. That is good to do in my business, but the Holy Spirit said to me this morning, “Are you just using people or are you truly willing to be a good friend and help each and every one of them?” I had to think about that for a minute and truly consider it. I want to have a right heart with God and a heart to serve others and to do good. Yes, I have fallen short and for that I have repented. I just really want to be successful. I want to be my own boss. I like the freedom and flexibility. I want to truly help others with a right heart.

Let's examine ourselves and ask, "Am I being a true friend to everyone I meet or am I just using them for selfish reasons?"

I never intentionally "use" people, friend or foe. It is, however, human nature to think, "What's in it for me?" and to form superficial relationships and take advantage of someone's kindness. Sometimes, I have done this without even realizing it. You think you are being a good friend sometimes, but then again, Are you really? I have reluctantly helped others just because I didn't want to say no or hurt their feelings. Yes, I helped them, but I did not do it with the right heart attitude. Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart (the thoughts and intents of the heart). What I felt convicted of is my attitude I have sometimes towards others. I wasn't sending out Facebook friend request to be a good friend or give the love of Christ. I was doing it for selfish reasons. God was telling me that sending out friend requests was all well and good, but did I truly care about these people from the heart? Ouch! Bad Marvilla! I had to do an attitude check right there. I have tried to adjust it accordingly. I shared this because I hope to keep others from falling into that same trap. How many times do we "use" our friends and others, not intentionally, but without even realizing it? It is so easy to point the finger at others when we are not examining ourselves and looking at them. Just saying.

© Copyright 2022 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024804-Am-I-using--my-friends