*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024698-The-Practice-of-Staying-Humble
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1024698 added January 14, 2022 at 10:55pm
Restrictions: None
The Practice of Staying Humble
picture for forum


"Prompt: Proverbs 16:18-19 18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

How has pride affected your life and what do you do to practice staying humble?"
Pride has a way of creeping in when you least expect it. I was a preacher's kid, so unfortunately, I had my pride. I could be a goody-two-shoes. I was even a hypocrite without even realizing. Some was learned behavior from my parents. I have been on both sides of the fence and even strattled it during my lifetime. I have had my share of falls.

I have learned that we must keep our identity in Christ. We aren't to be a doormat, but we aren't to be all defensive about everything either. As much as lieth within us, we must be at peace with all men, to the best of our ability that is. Even when I think I am doing everything right, my righteousness is as filthy rags. It is so easy to point the finger at others when we think we are 100% right with God. However, we are guilty of sin too. We are just as guilty as the next person. My soul would be Hell if it weren't for God's love and Jesus' sacrifice. If he hadn't given his angels charge over me to keep me in all my ways, I would not be here today. I would have died physically and spiritually. Thank God, through the blood of Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit, I am still alive today and I am saved by the blood of the crucified one!

© Copyright 2022 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024698-The-Practice-of-Staying-Humble