*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024809-To-Keto-or-Not-to-Keto-That-is-My-Question
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1024809 added January 16, 2022 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
To Keto, or Not to Keto, That is My Question
I updated my "handle" and found an interesting picture to adorn my port and go along with my new journey in Keto. If you're not familiar with the Keto diet, it's basically another low carb diet but it includes a higher fat intake. I know, how can you lose weight by eating more fat?

It's kind of a difficult thing to explain in a short blog post, but there is a lot of information available online. My reasoning was a bit simpler, I have been having some problems with eating carbs. Simple carbs seem to upset my stomach, leave me feeling tired and run down, interfere with sleeping all night, inflammation, aching joints, and worsen an old back injury. It took quite a bit of time and food logging to find the problem, but after a few weeks on the Keto diet plan, I know now for sure it was the carbs.

Of course, I could all but eliminate simple carbs and still eat healthier ones, but with six pounds down in just over two weeks, I have to say it's working. Also, I don't find myself hungry all the time, and I seldom have any cravings; what little craving I do experience is minimal and short-lived. I have tried off and on for years to take weight off, but instead, I have slowly gotten heavier.

Quite some years back, my wife and I wanted to lose some excess weight. At that time I was looking to remove about twenty-five pounds, I was getting there with increased exercise and cutting back on how much I ate, but it was taking a long time. So, we decided to do the diet thing and speed it up. Of course, sweets had to go, except on our cheat day and then only in moderation. The biggest thing we did was to cut back on our fat intake as all the sources told us we needed to do to lose weight.

Looking back, that's when we started to struggle with our weight loss and started having trouble sticking to our diets. The more we struggled, the leaner our cuts of meat, lower and no-fat foods replaced the ones we had been eating, and over the years our weight increased as our energy and feelings of well-being declined.

In short, why blame the butter for what the bread did! That's what we were doing and it did not work, so now we are trying Keto. So far, six pounds down, I'm sleeping better, feeling better, and I have a lot more energy.  I'm curious to see how things progress, but I'm hopeful and will continue to post my progress as the weeks go by.


© Copyright 2022 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024809-To-Keto-or-Not-to-Keto-That-is-My-Question