*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024998-Friend-or-Foe-to-self
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1024998 added January 18, 2022 at 11:12pm
Restrictions: None
Friend or Foe to self?
picture for forum


Prompt
Romans 5:17-21
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

We are often preaching to ourselves all day long, but is it words of hope or condemnation? How easy for us is it to give ourselves a break? What do you need to work on to give yourself more grace?

We are at times our own worst enemy. Many of us have been taught to self-condemn. We are raised with a perfectionist attitude. I know I was. There are many churches where you feel that you had better not breathe wrong or part a hair cross way. We really need to pay attention to what we are telling ourselves.

I know I can be very hard on myself. What I have learned to do over the years is to not allow myself to talk to me in a way I would not allow someone else to talk to me. I try to respect myself in a way I want others to respect me. In return, I am able to respect others even better.

© Copyright 2022 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024998-Friend-or-Foe-to-self