*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025377-Three-Score-and-Now-Eleven--Day-161-On-the-Bottom
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#1025377 added January 25, 2022 at 7:02pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Now Eleven + Day 161 On the Bottom
Three Score and Now Eleven + Day 161
Dear Grandsons
Well, This is it, The day of the year I try to avoid, But I can not. It is the bottom of winter. We are going to get to a minus -16 degrees F tonight. I always worry about froozen pipes in our crawl space under the kitchen. Our old Queen Ann at one time had a fire back in the early 20's, I think. They cleaned up and built on again two stories with a down kitchen and uper bedroom. But they did only a crawl space in that area. So, I worry about the crawl space. I have it all pipes wrapped with heat tapes. There is a heat lamp on, it is insulated on the inside and during winter on the outside north end with the 2-inch pink insulation. Then I try to cover it all with fluffy snow for additional insulation. I then let the faucet drip all night. At the north location it will be -22+ degrees. It is not unheard or unusual of to be -40 up there, so -22 is Normal during winter. It all reminds me of growing up in a cold house up there, Frozen Pipes and a bathroom out of service for the rest of winter. There were times when windows were out, and water froze in the upstairs bedrooms. At some point in time, I will write about the earliest days, But I still can not. We put our clothes in the bed with us so they would be somewhat warm to put on. I still do that with my under clothes. The wife understands. It was a brutal cold long winter in northern Wisconsin. I only went south 3+ hours, what a difference. So tonight, I will sleep in my office chair and get up and turn the water on a couple of times. But it all looks much better after tonight. I can tolerate 0 degres just fine but the -0's I would just as soon live without.

We have not started the van I think for four days. But I have shoved snow two days. It will be Thursday before I start it to go ice Fishing. I am always looking for someone to take along?? I like ice fishing, but I always go alone. But it is true I am not always open and likely not a good companion. To me fishing is all business. I like fish. It is the only time I completely loose myself from world around me. We had crappies yesterday and leftovers today with sliced baked fingerling garden potatoes and a green salad.

I hope you are all snuggled into night with your favorite squeeze.
Have a Blessed Evening

© Copyright 2022 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025377-Three-Score-and-Now-Eleven--Day-161-On-the-Bottom