*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025406-January-26-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1025406 added January 26, 2022 at 7:31am
Restrictions: None
January 26, 2022
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. WilcoxImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small



For my blog "Prompt: Talk about something God has helped you overcome and how it was overcome."

God helped me overcome drug addiction. I spent 25 years in active addiction. My drug of choice was Benadryl, although I also used narcotics, marijuana, and alcohol. Benadryl was the least expensive and I used a lot of it. During my undergraduate years I used such massive amounts of it that I could not walk at times. When I did walk I walked close to a wall where the rails were so I could grab them. Doctors tell me I am lucky to be alive. I tell the doctors that God had a plan for my life.

I overcame my addiction through twelve step programs. I was a half-baked, novice Christian at the time so I prayed regularly but did not live a good life. The main problem was that I knew what i was supposed to do based on Bible study. I just did not know how to do it. The Bible is excellent in regards to telling believers how they are supposed to live. I always thought it fell short in explaining how to do those things. For example, we are told to forgive in Matthew 7 yet there is no clear instruction on how to forgive. Twelve step programs broke it all down for me. I called them "Spirituality for Dummies", because I was as dumb as a sled track. The programs taught me how to be spiritual and God used them to save me from addiction.


For my blog "Things are hopping back on Earth as the Cincinnati Bengals prepare for their first ever Super Bowl appearance. Here on the U.S.S. Constitution we are cruising through cyberspace in the WDC universe. We saw a star today Sunny writing about matters of the heart in
In The Heart  (E)
The heart tells who we really are.
#898164 by Sunny
Write about the heart in your blog today."

I agree with the author that the heart reveals the person. If you really want to know what kind of person they are look at the heart. Does it think only of its own best interest? Does it act like the world should give in to it? If so the heart is the heart of a narcissist and needs to be avoided.

Does the person act like they are all that matter and seem to feel no remorse? They are a psychopath. Avoid them.

Do they go out of their way to help and even make sacrifices? Do they put everybody else ahead of themselves? This is the earmark of love.

Signature for those who win an honorable mention at the 2020 Quill AwardsSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2022 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025406-January-26-2022