*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025508-The-Muse-Shelter
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2260833
Blog attempt 1.
#1025508 added January 30, 2022 at 7:27pm
Restrictions: None
The Muse Shelter.
DAY 4 PROMPT

I should start by apologizing for trapping you all in the Banana Bar Basement last night but instead, I am going to Blame It on my Muse, and rightfully so, because if it wasn't for Andre none of this would even exist.

Although it's nice to have a muse to accuse, and Andre loves to take the blame, that crazy monkey gets me into more trouble than he gets me out of.

I know I'm preaching to the choir because I've seen what a handful your muses seem to be. Andre doesn't seem so bad in comparison. You all have some pretty tragic muses, and that's being nice!

So I know you're not going to like to hear this, but don't worry, nobody is going to be pushed into the basement. not today

Today you've been coerced into fostering a rescue muse.

Yep, Tell us about your experience at the muse shelter. Describe some of the muses and their sad history.
Decide which muse you are going to adopt, then choose one to give to one of the other bloggers, tell them a little about the muse you chose for them and why you thought it would be the perfect muse for them.

Do you know what would be fun? This is Andre's idea
Give rescue muses to your Writing.com friends and tag them in your entry.

The muses will thank you for this.



Oh, man don't ever take your muse to the muse shelter to pick up a foster muse. I swear they become so ridiculously people pleasing.

Daisy trotted along from the car to the shelter making promises we both know she couldn't keep. I'll be good! Don't leave me at the shelter! I won't spill your cappuccino anymore. I learned the difference between peas, nuts, and butter; and Peanutbutter. Really I have. And I will work harder for you! Please don't leave me here.

"Oh hush Daisy! We're here to pick up a muse or two for fostering. Not to leave you here. I am very happy with you." I petted her on the forehead and scratched her behind the ear, well where the ear would be if anthropomorphic flowers had ears.

Don't lie to me Pam! I gave you that line when you had to surrender the pitbull. You left him there!

"This time it's true. I had to give Cujo up. He tried to eat Teenie! She was a chihuahua not a snack cake!" Merit Badge in Teenie Bo Beanie Baby Boo
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your new merit badge! Thank you for supporting the Writing.Com community with your inspirations, participation and activities. We sincerely appreciate it! -SMs I pulled the door open and Daisy crawled into my shadow to hide. I sighed and pushed my way through the entryway.

"Welcome to The Starcity Muse Shelter. Are you surrendering? Or adopting?" A dwarf version of the jolly green giant asked from behind the counter. He clutched a butterfly net.

"Fostering? I heard there was a new litter that won't be old enough for adoption for quite some time. I figured I could take one or two home and train them up right. Daisy's here as a reference to my skill at training and maintaining muses."

"Oh, then I don't need this," He shoved the butterfly net under the desk. "What is your creative outlet? Are you a generalist or do you practice one art over all the others?"

"Generally, I write, but I am pretty good at a lot of other things too. I should have brought the doll I made to look like Daisy. It really catches her mischievous nature. I drew a coloring book as well. I think I am pretty well-rounded."

She is, she really is. Daisy stated, poking her head out of my shadow to confirm what I was saying. From there she slowly rose from my shadow and took full corporeal form.

The mini jolly green giant winked at her, "You're a cute one."

Daisy blushed deep green and smiled, Can we see the baby muses?

"Right this way ladies," The Jolly Green Midget led us down the hall past small kennels full of muses of all shapes and sizes. Lavender gorillas, orange marmosets, striped green pajamas topped with teddy bear faces. He led us to a back room where they had set up a large pen. In the pen were baby muses some of them were still flickering through their various possible adult forms, from dust bunnies to dragons. They were all adorable. Two of them had stopped flickering, one looked like a mauve tabby cat, the other was an auburn elephant baby. I turned to The Jolly Green Midget, "Aren't the elephant ones supposed to help with organization and memory? I have a friend who had a tbi and I think that little auburn guy could help her a lot. Now I think we'll take that green thing and the blue thing to foster ourselves. We'll get their minds made up and their skills trained up."

"Three! You're going to take 3?"

"Yep, 1,2,3, wrap them up and we're outta here before Daisy has a panic attack."

Daisy picked up the auburn elephant. I'll grab this bundle of fluff! Who is he for?

"Schnujo is Late to Lannister of course! She helps everyone around her she could use another good muse to help her out."

"Cool we can be internet buddies little guy."


© Copyright 2022 Spring in my Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spring in my Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025508-The-Muse-Shelter