*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025520-January-Twenty-Seven
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1025520 added January 27, 2022 at 10:50pm
Restrictions: None
January Twenty Seven


Today you've been coerced into fostering a rescue muse.

Yep, Tell us about your experience at the muse shelter. Describe some of the muses and their sad history.
Decide which muse you are going to adopt, then choose one to give to one of the other bloggers, tell them a little about the muse you chose for them and why you thought it would be the perfect muse for them.

Do you know what would be fun? This is Andre's idea
Give rescue muses to your Writing.com friends and tag them in your entry.

The muses will thank you for this.



The Goddess Shelter

Nine sister goddesses sat on benches, carefully arranging and rearranging their robes. It was adoption day. All hoped someone from this group coming would choose them.

They market themselves as muses. Their slogan, ’Everyone needs a muse’, recently hit Facebook with pictures of the nine. Immediately WDC called to book an appointment.

Each participant in the viewing receives a catalog, with descriptions and pictures.

Clio loves history and she has seen a lot of it happen.
Euterpe is the muse of music, such wonderful sounds she can compose.
Thalia will tell jokes all day and night as the muse of comedy.
Melpomene, on the other hand, is the muse of tragedy. Seriously, stop your joking right now.
Terpsichore is the dance muse, she has some moves.
Erato is the muse of love poetry, erotic and romantic.
Polyhymnia is a sacred poetry muse, think of the hymns you sing in church.
Urania is astronomy’s muse, she is so proud of her planet.
Calliope is an epic poetry muse, Beowulf and the Odyssey. Homer was her friend for a time.

The members of The Writer’s Cramp enter the room, start milling around. Each muse tries her hardest to be the most attractive, the most alluring, the first one to be chosen. The writers consult the catalog, talk in whispers. They’ve been given thirty minutes to make a decision.

After that half hour, the coordinator gives the order. “Your time is up, writers. You will now adopt your muse. Just one per writer, please. These ladies take a lot of maintenance. She will be your constant companion.”

So the matchmaking begins.
Clio - already latched onto Averren
Euterpe - Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. is already crooning to this one
Terpsichore - Apondia seems to like this one
Polyhymnia - QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham held her hand and they walked away singing ‘Amazing Grace

Urania, Thalia, Calliope, Erato and Melpomene look forlorn. No takers for this quintet of beauties. Until Andre blasts through the door, hands a note to the coordinator. She nods and off he runs with the five muses in tow.

The note to the coordinator reads:

I am writing a novel about a brave wanderer who journeys to another planet. In this novel, I will need to insert a modicum of levity, as well as balance that with some tragedy as well. Oh, and the boy gets the girl. Always.

So I am taking the muse of epic poetry, the muse of astronomy, the muse of laughter, the muse of tragedy, and the muse of the erotic.

Signed,
Andre - soon to be famous author





new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025520-January-Twenty-Seven