*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025558-January-Twenty-Eight
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1025558 added January 28, 2022 at 7:12pm
Restrictions: None
January Twenty Eight


Funny Friday. Final Day. You know what that means... Funny Final Friday

You and your muse are invited to the Blame on my Muse Awards Banquet. Write about the event in today's blog entry.





I got the invitation today. A banquet celebrating the Blame it on the Muse event. As I opened the envelope, out fell two tickets. One for me, one for my muse.

Now the race is on. What to wear? My hair, darn, it needs styled but no time. And my muse, is she available? If there is an event that calls for your muse to tag along, then you better make sure that troublesome little spirit shows up.

I corralled Marie and we got there in time to be whisked away in a limo. Then on an private jet. We arrived at the venue.

About an hour later we land on some island, no one is telling us much. As I get off the jet, Marie points out the guests. Everyone seems to be here.

Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. Annette LeJenD' sindbad Nixie Apondia Spring in my Sox
and Averren stood in a huddle. Their muses were nowhere to be seen. We joined them, but Marie immediately wandered off.

In about ten minutes, from the recesses of the beach, beyond the sand and palm trees, rush Andre, Pub Bunny, Grumpy Leprechaun, and a few more I don’t remember, toward us. And then Lilli 🧿 ☕ _in_fl} stomps over, in a bikini.

“Welcome all! Surprise! You’re all here to celebrate the Banana Bar's Blame it on the Muse event! Andre was nice enough to open his private island to us, so be sure to thank him sometime during your stay. Follow me to the cabana where we’ll start our party.” Lilli leads the way, with Andre and crew bringing up the rear.

In the cabana, the muses have become servers while behind the bar are an orangutan, a spider monkey, a chimpanzee, and a gorilla. The gorilla is definitely in charge, we note. He orders the others about with a few authoritative grunts and shouts.

For a few moments we wait, then frozen banana daiquiris, banana split cocktails, a dirty banana frozen cocktail, Mexican dirty monkey cocktail, chunky monkey cocktail, chocolate banana martini start to appear on the bar top. Everyone grabs a drink.

“Sit, sit. We have a special gift for everyone. All the judges at the Banana Bar and the Writer’s Cramp have compiled this book for you. It’s all the winning entries from the past twenty years. Andre thought you’d like to keep these as a souvenir. I’m sure all your names are in there somewhere. Now enjoy the rest of your stay!” Lilli announced.

All checked out our gifts. Shrink-wrapped, nice brown leather with an embossed banana on the back and the Writer’s Cramp logo emblazoned on the front, Sophie’s signature is in gold at the bottom front. I know I will definitely treasure this!

The rest of the night was fun I heard. I don’t really remember a lot. Something about the gorilla dancing with Annette , and then karaoke with Andre and Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. . Andre and Spring in my Sox did some stand-up comedy routine to end the night.

Lilli packed up all of us at midnight and sent us back in the jet. Marie and I got home as the sun rose. Marie left me alone to go get some rest.

I set aside my bedtime book to start reading the Cramp gift. When I opened it, the first page was garbled. It started:

Aseourpaos etaeprotu aseuortopaoejr. aiweutrpaiweur miper.
IAOWER!


Under that, the translation read:
This forward is written in the native gorilla language. Andre has translated.

Thank you for coming. Andre wrote this book. Ha!

The balance of the pages are written in monkey script. I guess that saying is correct.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. In fact, the monkey would almost surely type every possible finite text an infinite number of times.







new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
 ~

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025558-January-Twenty-Eight