*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025870-February-2-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1025870 added February 2, 2022 at 8:44am
Restrictions: None
February 2, 2022
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. WilcoxImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

For my blogprompt:L "Considering the observations that we made in our previous entry about the spiritual state of our Country, what should we commit to pray for this year? What actions can we take as individuals to try to make a difference?"

I do not believe a difference can be made collectively in our country. Paul and Peter prophesied that the things currently happening would take place. If we read these prophecies we will see that things are going to continually deteriorate no matter what we do to change them. So there is nothing we can do. However
it is important that we try to change it even though doing so is impossible. We can change the small part of the world we are in by not conforming to the world and by preaching the gospel. Jeremiah was told clearly early in his ministry that his ministry would win nobody. God told Jeremiah that the people were not going to hear him and that Jeremiah would be persecuted for preaching. However, Jeremiah was also told that if Jeremiah did not preach, the deaths of those Jeremiah refused to preach to would be Jeremiah's responsibility before God. God wants us to continue being Christians in spite of pressures from the world. Preaching does not necessarily mean talking to people. I preach every day yet I seldom open my mouth. The residents here see my actions. They may see my words as empty and meaningless, but my actions are viewed as real and legitimate. I preach with words on Sunday afternoon. The rest of the week I love on the residents. I do for them. I go the extra mile. That speaks volumes in today's self-centered world.

For my blog Prompt: "The groundhog is not going to see his shadow today!

Today cruising through the Crab Nebula with Commander Data we saw a lonely star. User:scifiqueen} writes
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2266537 by Not Available.

in which she describes herself as an introvert. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? What makes you think so?"

Winter Storm Leonard has not made his way here yet so the sun is shining brightly. That means the stupid groundhog seen his shadow and there will be six more weeks of bad weather! However, I do not believe in those old superstitions since I follow a different spiritual path. Besides, whether the groundhog sees his shadow or not, there will still be six weeks of winter. The first day of spring on the calendar is six weeks from today.

Now let's discuss introverts and extroverts. Introverts are people who are withdrawn and prefer to be alone. Extroverts are people people. Extroverts love to be around people. I am an extrovert. I don't believe I ever had a shy bone in my body although public speaking use to make me very nervous. Now I would have no problem standing on the fifty yard line of Heinz Field in Pittsburg, which is the biggest stadium in the USA, with a capacity crowd and sing the national anthem and take questions afterwards. I have been on television, radio, and published. I am not bashful at all.

Bashful however has nothing to do with being an extrovert. Extrovert just means that I prefer the company of people, the more the merrier. I lived alone once and did not see another human being for a week at a time. I craved human company. I was willing to enter a bad relationship just to have company. I was depressed, lonely, and even suicidal. It was ugly. An introvert on the other hand would have loved that situation.

Signature for those who win an honorable mention at the 2020 Quill AwardsSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards


© Copyright 2022 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025870-February-2-2022