*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026267-Sweater-by-Spencer-Sutherland
Rated: 13+ · Book · Music · #2266568
28 songs for the month of February. The soundtrack of my life in 2022.
#1026267 added February 8, 2022 at 12:12am
Restrictions: None
"Sweater" by Spencer Sutherland
Day 7 of the "Soundtrack of your life" challenge:
(Warning: Strong language in this one.)

"Sweater" by Spencer Sutherland



It's a fun song, but the video is really what makes it. The aesthetics, the cast of characters, the lyrics, the comedic timing, the dancing at the end, the facial expressions. Pure gold. Especially for a music video, you can tell a lot of thought and work went into this. It's like a three and a half minute movie. Props to the director, Seth Stern. There's too many subtle details to point out all of them, but my favorite is the three of them bowling on beat in the background behind Spencer as he sings. I'm also impressed with Spencer's range. That's quite high, and it doesn't sound strained in the least.

I think it's a pretty relatable situation that a lot of people have been in at some point in their lives. You break up with someone and then realize they still have your stuff, and somehow you have to get it back. Or, if the breakup is bad enough, just call it a loss and buy yourself a new one. Sometimes it's not worth having to see that person again. It amuses me that he decided to write an entire song about it.

I hope Spencer gets his sweater back.


Anni


© Copyright 2022 Anni Pon (UN: annipon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Anni Pon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026267-Sweater-by-Spencer-Sutherland