*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026276-February-8-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1026276 added February 8, 2022 at 6:43am
Restrictions: None
February 8, 2022
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. WilcoxImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

For my blog "Prompt: Psalms 52:8 But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.

What does it mean to be like a green olive tree?"

Green is often viewed as the color of life, fertility, and vitality. By using the metaphor of a green olive tree the psalter was saying that he was growing and vibrant, despite the fact that he was surrounded by enemies. David was hunted when writing many of the Psalms. He wasn't hunted by just anybody but by the king of Israel. It would be the equivalent of being on America's Most Wanted during the prime of that show and broadcasted on every major network. His chance of escape was nil. Yet he did escape, often times close enough to the king that the king could breathe on him. At one point David cut the hymn off of the king's robe while the king was in a cave defecating. David could have killed the king, but instead cut the robe as proof that he could have killed him. Then he felt badly for even doing that! Yet the king was hunting him like an outlaw for no reason. He was wanted dead or alive but he claimed "I am a green olive tree in the house of God."

Not only was David's attitude a positive one in spite of a horrible circumstance, but his faith and righteousness was beyond human.

For my blog Prompt: "Today we passed through the neutral zone and found a star. Read Shards of Glass
Shards of Glass  (E)
free-verse poem based on a dream; published in "A Celebration of Young Poets"
#1027833 by Sorji
by Sorji and write about it in your blog.

I had to read this to understand but the poet is saying that a shard of glass is a part of a larger whole. Often we miss the tapestry because we are so focused on the threads. A shard of glass can cut us if we squeeze it tightly, yet when it is part of the whole it makes sense. Pain and anger are like this. They can hurt us if we hang onto them. They often do not make sense. Then when we look back we can see where the pain and anger made us better people.
Signature for those who win an honorable mention at the 2020 Quill AwardsSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards


© Copyright 2022 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026276-February-8-2022