*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026502-This-week-27-212
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1026502 added February 13, 2022 at 10:07pm
Restrictions: None
This week 2/7-2/12
picture for forum

February 7th
Prompt
Do you believe Judas Iscariot went to heaven or hell? Why do you believe this?


I believe he went to Hell. Of course, God is the only one that can rightly make that call. Some people think when you commit suicide, you go straight to Hell. Rather this is true or not, that is not why I think he went to Hell. I think that because Jesus had said it would have been better for the person that betrayed him to have never been born, indicating his ultimate fate.
Matthew 26:23-24

February 8th
prompt
Psalms 52:8
But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.

What does it mean to be like a green olive tree?


I think this refers to a state of prosperity and security. You can be like a green olive tree in the house of God when you trust in him. God will plant you in a good place and nourish you and cause you to produce good fruit.


February 9th
prompt
Psalm 91:1
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

In your opinion, what is the secret place of the most High?


It is a cliche' of sorts referring to being hidden in a safe place with God. An example of this would be when God placed Moses in the cleft of the rock to pass by him and show him his glory. It is about living in security with God.

February 10th
prompt
2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

What does this verse mean to you?


When we study the word of God, We are able to know what truth is and what is not. When we know the truth and act upon it, we will not be ashamed.

February 11th
prompt
John 15:12-14
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

How are you a friend to Jesus?


I am a friend to Jesus when I spend time with him, do things because I love him, show him respect, obey God's commands, and act in a way that shows his love to others.


February 12th
prompt
Psalms 1:3
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Do you think this can be compared to the verse in Psalms 52:8 that we looked at earlier this week? What are your thoughts about this?


I think the green olive tree in Psalms 52 and this tree in Psalms 1 are comparable. They both picture being established and firmly planted in a good place, being well watered and nourished, and prosperous.



© Copyright 2022 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026502-This-week-27-212