*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027119-week-214---219-and-221
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1027119 added February 21, 2022 at 12:48am
Restrictions: None
week 2/14 - 2/19 and 2/21
picture for forum

2/14
prompt (Happy Valentine's Day!)
Matthew 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not.

This scripture is a cry from Christ's heart after scolding the scribes and Pharisees for being hypocrites. What can we learn about our relationship as children of God from this verse?


I think we can see Christ's love for us and his desire to save us. He desires us to listen to him and obey the will of the Father so that it will be well for us.

2/15
prompt
This song has been on my mind all day. Here is a link to the lyrics and the story behind the song, https://popularhymns.com/wherever-he-leads-ill-go. Write about the song, "Wherever He Leads I'll go".


This should be every true Christan's commitment to God. We need to have a heart of complete surrender to Christ.

2/16
prompt
There are several ways to incorporate God's word into your daily routine. What are your favorite ways to do this?


I read his Word. Sometimes, I like to listen to Bible Gateway. I am constantly thinking about scriptures and what they mean. I use them in prayer and in praising God.


2/17
prompt
Write about any scripture about strength.


2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I find comfort in this. My weakness will not sabotage Christ's strength. His strength is instead made perfect in my weakness!

2/18
prompt
Is there a specific thing you like to do to get into a good mindset for prayer?


It depends on the circumstances. Sometimes I just start praying whenever and wherever. At other time, I like to get myself into a worshipful mindset and will listen to worship music while praying. If all else fails, and I know I am not in a good mood or have a bad attitude, I try to shift my focus by praising and thanking God. This usually improves my mood.

2/19
prompt
Write about your favorite book of the Bible.


I love the gospel of John. It really reflects the deep love and relationship between the disciples and Christ.

2/21
prompt
Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Other verses in the Bible state that what comes out of our mouth comes from our heart. Consider today what is coming from your mouth and what it reveals about the condition of your heart with God. Write about this.


Sometimes, I ask difficult questions even for myself to answer. lol However, it is good to stretch yourself outside your comfort zone sometimes. We must consider our ways and what is in our heart. Everything we do flows from our heart. We need to check ourselves at the front door. This is why I ask these tough questions. Even if we don't write out our answer, it is good to think about things.

What comes from my heart reflected by my speech? I know what I desire to reflect. I fall short of God's glory every day. I do control my tongue much better than I once did. What is in the mind shouldn't always come out the mouth. lol If something is on the mind that shouldn't come out the mouth, I try to remember to ask myself, "Why?". What is in my heart to make me think and feel the way I do. This is a good prayer prompt. I have asked God to remove those ugly weeds of sin from the root. Sometimes he allows me to experience things to reveal my heart to me so that I can change my thoughts and behavior with his help.


© Copyright 2022 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027119-week-214---219-and-221