*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026558-Spiritual-Newsletter-Deadline-June-27-2022
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#1026558 added June 29, 2022 at 9:33pm
Restrictions: None
Spiritual Newsletter Deadline June 27, 2022
Research

Editor's Picks

1. But for the Grace of God
2. Time for a Change - In Changing Times
3. The Biggest Surprise
4. The Atheist
5. Keon's Story
6. Fruits of Deceit: A Sonnet
7. God Only Does Good
8. He was there
9. God, What Can I Do For You?

Heading 1

Contemplating the Soul

Heading 2

Do we have a soul?

Hook

What or where is the soul?

About This Newsletter


"The soul is eternal, immortal."
'Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, Part One: 28

"And they ask you, [O Muhammad], about the soul. Say, ‘The soul is of the affair of my Lord. And mankind have not been given of knowledge except a little.’"
Qur'an 17-Surah Al-Isra (The Night Journey) 85

"Every living soul is given the grace of existence."
Lailah Gifty Akita

"The Bible teaches that whether we are saved or lost, there is conscious and everlasting existence of the soul and personality."
Billy Graham

Letter From the Editor

I have been thinking a lot about my soul lately. I am not sure if this is because I am 75 years old and closer to the end of my physical life than at the beginning. Or if it has to do with the fact that I am listening to a series of podcasts about the soul. Whichever it is, two questions about the soul appear important. Those are (1) Do we have a soul?. (2) What or where is the soul?

Do we have a soul? This is a question each individual must answer for themselves. Once they have come to an answer, they need to be able to articulate the reasons for their belief in an immortal soul. I believe that all humans have a soul. I base my belief on the sacred scriptures of the Baha'i Faith.

What is the soul? The soul is a spiritual essence that comes into association with the human body sometime between conception and birth. When the soul comes into partnership with the body, depends on the person's belief system. I believe that the soul is partnered with the body at conception. Since this is my personal belief, based on my chosen faith, I cannot tell another individual that their belief about the soul is right or wrong. Each human being has a mind and free will, so they must decide for themselves.

Where is the soul located? It is a single spiritual essence that is partnered with the body. Some people have compared the soul to the rider and the body to the steed. Others have suggested it surrounds the body. Both of these are metaphors that may or may not help individuals to comprehend their souls.

When it comes to the soul, each individual needs to look at their own belief system, their own spiritual path, and determine for themselves what they believe. What do you think? Do you believe or disbelieve in the soul? Why? I am looking forward to reading what you have to say, because I find the spiritual beliefs of others intriguing and thought provoking.

Editors Picks

 But for the Grace of God  (E)
A reflection on my high shool days, and and the life of the world's miss fits
#1144019 by Raygunner


STATIC
Time for Change – In Changing Times...  (E)
Thank you to The Circle of Sisters for your generosity! Form Used: Anaphora
#1692656 by Robin:TheRhymeMaven


 The Biggest Surprise  (E)
A man goes for a roof top walk amazed at all he sees but cannot fathom what lay beyond.
#2274084 by brom21


 The Atheist  (E)
A journey through a kind of madness
#2273550 by LightinMind


STATIC
Koen’s Story.   (E)
A parable of redemption through family
#2271796 by Sumojo


 FRUITS OF DECEIT: a sonnet  (E)
The web of deceit engulfs the one who deceives.
#1357644 by Dr M C Gupta


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2195664 by Not Available.


 
STATIC
HE Was There  (E)
GOD was protecting me, and I didn't know
#2274455 by green supports Israel


 God, What Can I Do For You?  (E)
Instead of always coming to God in need, may check-in with Him about His needs for you!
#2258691 by G. B. Williams


Submitted by Readers

Activities, Groups, and Contests



Sunny writes: Hello! I just wanted to say I love your newsletter and I love how it is encouraging and uplifting! Thank you!


G. B. Williams writes: Snow is Writing Poetry, thank you for choosing me as one of your Editor's Picks for Mother's Day! I am HONORED. Thank you so very much.

writes:
writes:
writes:
writes:
writes:
writes:


© Copyright 2022 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026558-Spiritual-Newsletter-Deadline-June-27-2022