*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026695-21422---Our-Song-and-a-Little-Something-Extra
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1026695 added February 14, 2022 at 11:57am
Restrictions: None
2/14/22 - Our Song and a Little Something Extra
Soundtrack of Your Life Logo
2/14/22


Today is the day we celebrate all things LOVE. In spirit of the day, I waited to add this next song to my soundtrack. Okay, so it might not sound like a love song to you if you aren't paying attention to the lyrics. But the lyrics say it all. And for me, this song goes far beyond being just a love song. About a decade ago, my relationship with my husband was strained to the point of breakage. There'd been too many fights, too few times of mutual understanding. But one particularly explosive night, when our tempers had finally cooled for the time being, my husband put on this song and told me to listen. "I've heard the song before, thanks." I told him. And he said, "No. Really listen to the words. Don't do anything else right now. Just sit and listen to the words. This is us. This is my song to you." So that night is the night We're in This Together by Nine Inch Nails became "Our Song". We learned to work things out and to communicate instead of yell since then. We're still in this mess together, but now the waters of our relationship are much calmer. The fires of our anger have tempered and now we focus on overcoming our hurdles together. We have no more desire to argue. We're just two middle-aged weirdos in a race to the finish line - still in it together. And this song, well, it will always be "Our Song".

Lyrics for We're in This Together




Bonus Track!!

This song, another with deep meaning for my husband and I, is a ditty that is just another face of the icosahedral die that is the topic of Love Songs. It was written by Andrew Farriss and Michael Hutchence and recorded in 1987. It was first released in 1988 on the B side of the Kick album, under the Atlantic label.

As far as my husband and myself are concerned, this life will never tear us apart.

Lyrics for Never Tear Us Apart


© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026695-21422---Our-Song-and-a-Little-Something-Extra