*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026791-February-16-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1026791 added February 16, 2022 at 4:08am
Restrictions: None
February 16, 2022
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. WilcoxImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

For my blog "Prompt: There are several ways to incorporate God's word into your daily routine. What are your favorite ways to do this?"

One of my favorite ways of doing this is actually living God's word. Yes. I fall drastically short of the mark. I have issues with sin in my life that I just can't seem to shake. I have repented repeatedly and still find myself drawn to it like a moth to a flame. I have told God that He has to intervene. No amount of human willpower will stop it. Until God acts I am stuck with the sin. It is a hidden sin but there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. Most of the time I am okay. I live a godly life. Living God's word to me means loving on and serving others. I make $14,500.00 per year. Of that I give way $6,000.00 per year. I see a need and I meet it. No obligation. God keeps money in my pocket. I know money is not the answer, but I spend that money on others. It's charity. Charity is love. Love is the word of God.

Another way I practice incorporating God's word into my daily life is by being a seminary student. I am now in my third year of graduate school so for all intents and purposes I have my Master of Divinity degree. I still have courses to take to meet school requirements, but by law you are considered to have completed a master's degree if you have two years of it behind you. Mine is a 3 year program and I am in my third year. Employers consider me as having my M.Div. at this point. However, I am still in seminary so I incorporate God's word every day.

I also incoporate God's word by teaching it. I had lost my muse for a while there with the exception of academic papers. There was no spark for anything else. Well, my muse is back and I am working on a Bible Study series called Parables and Discourses of Jesus. It will hopefully be professionally published and distributed. I only have two lessons done thus far and had a few tests done with them to see how well received they were. The comments have all been positive. The lessons discuss a parable and give a background of it. Then the student has to answer questions about the parable using God's word as a source. Once I finish the series I am going to publish them through a major distributor. There will be ten lessons in Parables and Discourses. Lesson One is the Parable of the Wicked Judge. Lesson Two is the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant. Lesson Three will be the Parable of the King's Dinner. Lesson Four will be the Parable of the Four Soils. Lesson Five will be the Parable of the Wheat and the Tares. Lesson Six will be the Parable of the Pearl of Great Worth. Lesson Seven will be the Parable of the Lost Sheep. Lesson Eight will be the Parable of the Talents. Lesson Nine will be the Parable of the Pharisee and the Sinner. Finally, Lesson Ten will be the Parable of the Good Samaritan. As a matter of fact I am going to work on them now.

I am also considering doing a series on Psalms. The Psalms series will look at the metaphor used in the psalms and the lessons taught by those metaphors. There will be some culture and a great deal of hermeneutics (interpretation).


For my blog Today I was cruising through the universe with Mr. Spock. We were discussing phiolosophy and logic when we encountered a new star. C.R. Rathkamp quotes an author who said "Cause and effect are never more ordained than a single-fly does zip through the air," in "False Springs"
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2267379 by Not Available.



What do you think of this statement?"

I think the statement is spot on. I lived in the country all of my childhood. Flies were the worst. They never came one at a time. There would be thousands of them. So the author is right. Cause and effect are not ordained.

I also wanted to let you know that my book Teatime is now available on Amazon. Here is the link to order softcovers, hardbacks, and e-books. https://www.amazon.com/Teatime-Chris-Breva/dp/1954371861 .

I recommend the hardback edition. There will not be a lot of them sold and hard covers are destined to become collector's items.


Signature for those who win an honorable mention at the 2020 Quill AwardsSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards


© Copyright 2022 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026791-February-16-2022