*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026844-February-16---Candidate-3
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1026844 added February 16, 2022 at 9:18pm
Restrictions: None
February 16 - Candidate #3



Day 3

*HeartV* Speed-dating session at the Banana Bar!
You have 15 minutes with Andre and he is trying to win you over!
What questions does he ask and how is he going to steal your heart? *HeartV*

Candidate #3

I got another invite to The Banana Bar. Their direct mail by internet campaign is working. Are they using that ‘mailchimp’ application? This one is for a speed-dating session. I’m skeptical, but hey, it’s free.

So again I go to the BB, again I brave the shady part of town. But this time, during the day. The shadows aren’t quite so deep, the inhabitants in those shadows not quite so scary.

Again Lilli greets me with a large smile. “Hey, hi there. I remember you! Did you like the ‘Wine and Paint?”

“Well, it was different. I kept the painting.”

“That’s the spirit. Come on in. I have you at table #10. Have a seat, relax, I set you up with a glass of Chardonnay. A little treat to take the nerves off. I’ll send some candidates your way.”

I settled in for a few rounds of speed-dating. The idea is to spend 15 minutes with each person, then on to the next. If you like anyone, you make arrangements to meet another time for a longer date.

Candidate #1 came my way, sat across from me. He was pretty good-looking. But he couldn’t quit talking about his dead cat, George. I don’t even remember the man’s name, but I remember the cat. He got to the end of his 15 minutes but wouldn’t leave, he was crying so hard over George. Lilli had to call for a ride for him, see him out the door. Strike #1.

#2 plopped down when I wasn’t looking.

“Well, hi there. I’m Max. How are you? I’m the man for you. I run a successful company, I make a lot of money. I have a nice car. You’ll love me. Let’s go somewhere more comfortable.” He stood and held out a hand. I shook his hand.

“No thanks. See you later, Max.”

“Your loss, chickie babe,” he said as he hopped over to another person. I heard him repeat those same words. “Well, hi there. I’m Max. How are you? I’m the man for you…”

This was going to be a long afternoon, were my thoughts.

Then in front of me was Andre. He was #3. Andre took my hand, kissed it, then sat before me quite sedately.

“Hello miss. Don’t I know you? Haven’t me met before?”

I was astounded. Had Andre been taking English lessons? He sounded so refined, so learned.

“Well, yes, as a matter of fact, we have met before. You were the model at the ‘Wine and Paint’ class the other night. I was here. I painted you.”

Andre looked at me with those chocolate brown eyes. They locked onto my eyes, we gazed at each other for several long moments.

“Ah yes, the painting. Might we go to your place and see this famous painting?”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That’s the last thing I remember. It’s two days later and I’m alone at home, wrapped up in a pink flannel sheet. The house is a wreck. The refrigerator is standing open and empty. That painting of Andre is missing, as are all my hats, dresses and purses. I think Andre hypnotized me.


W/C 524



new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026844-February-16---Candidate-3