*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026776-February-15---Whine-and-Paint
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1026776 added February 15, 2022 at 8:33pm
Restrictions: None
February 15 - Whine and Paint


*HeartV* Day 2: The Banana Bar is hosting a 'Wine & Paint' class. Andre is the subject to be painted - tell me about the evening. *HeartV*


I have a coupon for a ‘Wine and Paint’ class tonight. Susie backed out, so I guess I’m going alone. I’m not an artist, but the coupon says ‘All are Welcome’, so if wine is on the invitation, I’m more inclined to attend.

This class is at The Banana Bar. I double check the address. It’s in a seedy part of town, down near the river. I rarely go down here. But, hey, free anything is attractive.

The Banana Bar is nothing more than a ramshackle building from the outside, but once I step through the door I am greeted with soft lights, soothing music, a faint scent of tropical fruits and a lovely hostess.

“Well, welcome to The Banana Bar. I’m Lilli. I’ll be your guide tonight for our inaugural ‘Wine and Paint’ class. Come on in, grab an easel. We’ll start as soon as your model arrives.” She left me to greet other arrivals.

I settled in, found an easel, a palette. Watercolors vs. acrylics took some time to decide, then I found a few brushes. Finally when I was ready, in came the model. He climbed onto the stool. I didn’t know he would be a nude. And I sure didn’t know it would be Andre.

“Alright, folks. You’ll find a wide assortment of paints and wines over there on the bar. Acrylics, oils, Chardonnay, Rose, Pinot, and Burgundy.” Lilli indicated all this for us. “And please, don’t let this turn into ‘whine’ and paint. Don’t antagonize the model please. He is here for an hour, and demands that the headphones remain on. Something about his muse.” All eyes traveled to Andre. “So, let the painting begin.”

I hurriedly sketched Andre, then began to paint. But after about a half hour, Andre jumped off the stool, grabbed a wine bottle, drained it, got back on the stool. Then in a few more moments, he once again got off his stool to get another bottle. There was a tug of war between Andre and Lilli for this bottle, which then fell to the floor. Wine splattered everywhere.

All participants at this point decided painting for the evening was a total loss and sat at the bar drinking, wine, beer, shots, anything, as we watched Lilli and Andre wrestle over that bottle of 1990 Rose. We took sides, placed bets. My money was on Andre.

Sure enough, he came out the winner. I last saw him heading out the door, wine bottle in his furry little hand, those headphones still in place with the music so loud you could hear “We are the Champions” playing.

I took my painting home. I think it has a certain charm. monkey with headphones

W/C 449





new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026776-February-15---Whine-and-Paint